Make A Difference Day is our nation’s largest day of service. Millions of people rally together in volunteer activities across the United States for a single day. It is celebrated each year on the fourth Saturday in October. This event was created by USA Weekend Magazine, and receives support from partnerships with the HandsOn Network, Newman’s Own and hundreds of carrier newspapers.
This year’s Make A Difference Day was officially celebrated on Saturday, October 23rd. Our Branches organize volunteer events in their communities throughout the fall months (Branch projects do not have to take place on the actual day). They begin planning their projects as early as August, and the projects take place throughout October and November.
- Volunteering at the Special Olympics Bowling Tournament
- Hosting a canned food drive
- Assembling hygiene kits for the local battered women’s shelter
- Cleaning up the local cemeteries
- Visiting the local nursing 虚拟货币排行_虚拟货币交home
- Collecting donations for the local animal shelter
- Assembling Thanksgiving baskets for needy families
- Stocking shelves at the local food pantry
- Hosting a special program to honor local veterans
- Baking apple strudels for fundraising event
- Placing miniature flags on veterans’ graves at the local cemetery